Monday 17 October 2016

BIG MAKEUP HAUL: Colourpop, Sephora & Mecca Maxima

Okay, so I hadn't bought any makeup in ages / had run out of some staple products / my favourite beauty stores had sales on... 

#ExcusesExcusesExcuses #IJustWantedAllTheThings 

While part of me is a bit nervous to check my bank account, the other (let's be honest, the devil on my shoulder) is pretty pleased with myself and my beautiful beauty haul! I picked up some goodies from Colourpop, Sephora and Mecca Maxima, so read on if you want to see what I bought!

BIG MAKEUP HAUL: Colourpop, Sephora & Mecca Maxima!

Colourpop Cosmetics

Like pretty much every beauty blogger I know, I took advantage of the free international shipping promo that Colourpop ran a couple of weeks ago. It was my first time buying from the brand too, so I took the opportunity to try a HEAP of stuff, and thanks to Colourpop being super affordable, I actually got a lot for what I paid.

BIG MAKEUP HAUL: Colourpop, Sephora & Mecca Maxima!

Clockwise:

Ultra Matte Lip in Avenue - a deep, creamy red. This has an Old Hollywood feel to it, as the colour is more like a scarlet than a fire engine red. Really gorgeous!

Ultra Matte Lip in Tulle - a dark, grey-toned pink. This looks a lot darker on the lips than it does in the tube, but in an amazing way. I wore this the other day and it was so comfortable on for a matte lipstick - so impressed! It's a stunning shade too, I just wish I discovered it before winter ended!

Ultra Satin Lip in Frick N' Frack - a brown-toned, brick red. This earthy shade is very creamy and reminds me of the lip colours that were popular in the nineties. I couldn't exactly wear makeup in kindergarten, so I'm pretty happy these shades are coming back in fashion!

Lippie Stix in Bull Chic - a true black. Maybe it's the leftover emo kid in me, but I love black lipstick! It's so badass, and worn in the right way, can be pretty stunning too. I wore this black shade to a Halloween party last week, and got so many compliments! #paystobebold

Lippie Stix in Cami - a mauve, rosy pink. This matte lipstick is such a flattering shade of pink; my favourite pink lipstick is Mac's Brave, and this is so, so close to being a dupe (but for a third of the price!).

Eyeshadow in Hanky Panky - a cooltoned, pale brown. I was hoping this hot chocolate shade would be perfect to apply to the crease of my eyelids to create some dimension, but it's lacking a bit in pigmentation. Ah well, you win some, you lose some!

Eyeshadow in La La - a intense, metallic copper. This shade is absolutely gorgeous! It's crazy shiny and just one swipe is almost too much pigmentation! This is definitely a must have Colourpop colour!

Highlighter in Spoon - a silvery highlight with tiny flecks of glitter. This wasn't actually a powder highlighter, which surprised me! The texture is almost mousse like, so you'll need to apply it with your fingers. But it's a lovely colour and the colour payoff is pretty great, so you can get that #highlightonfleek.

Highlighter in Wisp - a duo chrome, rose gold. I almost passed out when I first swatched this shade; the colour is so, so gorgeous. The shade is crazy pigmented, and it almost changes colour in different lights. I posted a video on my Instagram showing the shade, you can see it here (Wisp is the top one).

Sephora

First up, thank you so much to the team at Sephora and One Daydream, who invited me along to the media launch of the brand new Sephora store at Chadstone. I was totally spoiled with early access without having to wait in line (by the way, I was SO impressed with everyone who came early to line up's dedication - you guys are amazing!) and 20% off everything; an offer that I took full advantage of!

BIG MAKEUP HAUL: Colourpop, Sephora & Mecca Maxima!

Clockwise:

Sephora Nail Buffer Block - Nothing too exciting here, I just needed a new one... So that's that haha!

Benefit Cosmetics Mini Hoola Bronzer - I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but I finally bought my own Benefit Hoola Bronzer! This is often hailed as one of the best bronzers out there, so it was about time I gave it a go. I bought the mini sized one (just over half price of the full size), which I'm still pretty sure will last me ages. It even comes with a little contouring brush!

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Highlighter - Apologies, I've just realised that the photo below shows this highlighter with the lid shut (oops), but it's a lovely soft golden shade inside! This is a subtle but still shimmery highlighter that's great for everyday - for when I want my highlight to slay during my 9-5, but not so much that I blind my workmates.

Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Moonlight - Now when it comes to blindingly bright highlights, THIS. IS. THE. ONE. Don't let the science-y name fool you, this is literally the most beautiful liquid highlighter I have ever had the pleasure of putting on my face. The pigment is so strong, but it still blends seamlessly on the skin. Get this while you can - I couldn't find it on the Sephora Australia website, so you'll have to fight the crowds in store to get your hands on this one (WORTH IT, TRUST ME).

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper - My previous eyeliner had been giving me temper tantrums every morning for the past week because it had started to dry out and decide to be useless, so I took matters into my own eyes (ha) and bought this beauty world cult favourite. And yes, it's just as good as everyone says it is.

Mecca Maxima

Mecca Maxima had the cutest promotion at their Chadstone store opening too - if you spent over $65 (um, challenge accepted!) you could get a lucky dip prize at their 'Wishing Tree'. Unfortunately all that my luck managed to get me was a tiny TooFaced makeup case (and by tiny, we're talking just big enough for one lipstick...), but you can't win them all!

BIG MAKEUP HAUL: Colourpop, Sephora & Mecca Maxima!


Left to right:

NARS Mini Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard - I've heard a million and one rave reviews about this concealer, so I just decided to jump on that bandwagon and see for myself. It didn't help that Mecca had these adorable mini-sized ones for $17 each sitting at the counter, all tempting and beautiful. You win this round Mecca.

Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation - This has been on my wish list ever since I saw Chloe Morello use it in a tutorial, so into my basket it went! I've used it once so far and the finish was gorgeous - no touch ups needed after a full day of wear! Looking forward to giving this one more of a go.

Have you tried anything from my haul? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
Share:

9 comments

  1. Such an epic haul! LOVE !! <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you! I'm not looking at my wallet... ;) xx

      Delete
  2. I LOVE COLORPOP! me too alrd buy them hahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that they have free international shipping again, I'm probably try even more! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I just uploaded my haul post too! I think I got a bit carried away this month. :P

    I love everything you picked up, and those Coverfix drops are definitely on my wishlist! You will love the NARS creamy concealer, I think I'm on my fifth tube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha typical us Nalini!! I'll come check yours out :) xx

      Delete

  4. Do you need a Loan?
    Are you looking for Finance?
    Are you looking for a Loan to enlarge your business?
    I think you have come to the right place.
    We offer Loans at low interest rate.
    Interested people should please contact us on
    For immediate response to your application, Kindly
    reply to this emails below only:
    perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com

    Please, do provide us with the Following information if interested.
    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name:
    Middle name:
    Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):
    Gender:
    Marital status:
    Total Amount Needed:
    Time Duration:
    Address:
    City:
    State/province:
    Zip/postal code:
    Country:
    Phone:
    Mobile/cellular:
    Monthly Income:
    Occupation:
    Which sites did you know about us.....
    perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I was read the whole blog and you give the best information on this topic. Your knowledge on this topic is very good. I also have some more information on Top 10 Best Serum in Zero hour info's beauty blog.
    Top 10 Best Serum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I was read your blog it is very help full and filled with lots of infromation. You said about technical writers and I was read more about technical writers. Some Freelance Content Writer in Delhi are also giving tips for how to became technical writer.
    Freelance Content Writer In Delhi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig