Tuesday 26 July 2016

REVIEW: Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette (Plus Dry AND Wet Swatches!)

Pretty much everyone in the beauty world is OBSESSED with rose gold - myself included - so when Maybelline's The Blushed Nudes Palette finally made its way to Aussie shores, you can be sure that I was pretty stoked. 

But amid many reviews that this rosy golden-themed palette wasn't very pigmented, I was still looking forward to giving it a go myself. The shades are all stunning, so I was determined to get as much colour payoff as I could.

So in this week's post, I'm taking these shades to the test, trying them out applied both dry and wet, to see if it makes any difference. Read on and find out!

REVIEW: Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette (Plus Dry AND Wet Swatches!)
*Thank you to the Maybelline New York Australia team for gifting me this gorgeous palette to check out!

The gorgeous metallic case holds twelve unique eyeshadows, ranging from soft neutrals to shimmery pinks. In terms of the range of shades, the Maybelline Blushed Nudes palette is easily one of the most gorgeous that you can buy at the drugstore. Just look at those colours!

REVIEW: Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette (Plus Dry AND Wet Swatches!)

Before getting my hands on this beauty, I'd heard a lot of people complain about the pigmentation of this palette. Apparently a lot of the colours come out chalky, so I didn't want to start with high expectations.

But actually, I was pleasantly surprised! BEAUTIES, THESE SHADES ARE STUNNING.

Below are two sets of swatches - the first row are regular, dry swatches straight from the palette using my fingertip. There are definitely colours that show up stronger than others, but they're not 'weak' by any means!

The second row are swatches using a wet eyeshadow brush, AND CAN WE JUST TAKE A MOMENT TO APPRECIATE those metallic shades?! Holy moly.

REVIEW: Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette (Plus Dry AND Wet Swatches!)

Like, whoa.

The lighter colours are definitely softer in colour payoff, but applying them with a wet brush really brings them to life. But those metallic shades though... Pretty much perfect both ways, right?!

Below are my top four colours from the palette and to be really honest with you, this palette is worth getting just for them. The matte rose pink is stunning as a crease colour, and the three shimmer shades are high impact colours that I would even buy if they were single shadows!

REVIEW: Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette (Plus Dry AND Wet Swatches!)

Here's another shot of the wet-version swatches under a white light. That GLOW guys!

REVIEW: Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette (Plus Dry AND Wet Swatches!)

The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette is available now at major pharmacies, supermarkets and variety stores for $25.95. 

REVIEW: Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette (Plus Dry AND Wet Swatches!)


Which shade are you loving the most from this palette? Let me know below!


SaveSave
Share:

4 comments

  1. They look amazing wet! I've been using this palette quite a bit just for everyday makeup but just dry so I'll definitely have to amp it up maybe for the weekends!
    XX Sue
    www.suelovexx.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I was already pretty impressed with this palette but now that I see your wet swatches!? Holy Moly hahha! Definitely going to try that next time x

    Katina Lindaa | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are my top 4 shades too!

    Lisa | lisawoodbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are you using to wet your brush with?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig