Saturday 16 April 2016

HAUL: Priceline 40% Off Beauty Sale

Writing haul posts like that justifies my makeup spending...

A week or so ago, Priceline had their bi-annual 40% off cosmetics sale and I was prepared. I had been keeping a growing list of products on my phone, so I was ready to drop some bucks!

I decided to buy online instead of facing the crowds in store, and I'm not shy to admit that I woke up early on the first day of the sale and placed my order with one hand, with a piece of toast in the other! Makeup lovers gotta do what makeup lovers gotta do!

Want to see what I picked up? Read on!


Covergirl truBLEND Liquid Foundation

When it comes to hoarding makeup, I'm guilty as charged. I can buy almost identical lipsticks and nail polishes in the double digits...

But when it comes to foundation, it's one bottle at a time, and I'm not loyal at all!

So this is the first time trying the Covergirl truBLEND on Katinalindaa's recommendation and I'm super excited to give it a go. I have an oily T-Zone and dry cheeks, so hopefully this sorts me out!

Australis Ready Set Go Finishing Powder

Now that baking is *aLl ThE rAgE* (FFS, just when I mastered strobing!), I decided to pick up a loose powder to give it a try.

I don't have extreme under eye bags, however I do have to deal with creasing concealer when covering up my dark circles and smudging eyeliner along my lower lash line.

Apparently strobing helps to not only set your under eye area, but also to prevent creamy eye products like pencil liner from straying down my face. I'll take that!

This Australis one is a loose translucent powder and it looks pretty popular - it's currently sold out at my local Priceline, so I'm glad I bought one when I did!


Essie Nail Colour in 'Angora Cardi' and 'Bobbing For Baubles'

I have been seeing these colours all over Pinterest and now that it's autumn in Australia (fall for all of my overseas friends!), I figured these would be some awesome colours to dress my digits in.

I already love Essie polishes and can vouch for their creaminess, longevity and glossy finish, so it was a no brainer to grab two at 40% off!

Angora Cardi is a subdued, almost dark pastel mauve, while Bobbing For Baubles is a deep greyish blue, that looks almost black.

Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream in 'Mel-Burn'

Am I game enough to walk out of the house with black lipstick on? Before I tried this matte lip cream from Australis, the answer was no.

And now? HECK. YES.

Beauties, this is one of the most badass lippies I own. Whenever I go to Priceline, there is always tonnes of these in stock, so I'm letting you into a little secret. GET. THIS. IN. YOUR. LIFE.

It's super comfortable on the lips, it's long lasting, and with a coat or two, the black pigment is the coolest. Plus it's named after my home city, so, like, represent.


Rimmel Scandal'Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in 'Black'

This eyeliner really takes me back to my Rimmel Beauty Insider days! Before I graduated to liquid liner, I was completely on the pencil train.

This is my favourite pencil liner - it's creamy, easy to smudge out and looks lovely and natural on the top lash line.

Plus, ever tried to create a smoky eye with a pencil liner instead of eye shadow? Trust me, that will change your life.

L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique Cushion Foundation

Cushion foundations have been a thing in Asia for a while now and we're finally getting a taste of the craze now in Aus. 

These compact foundations come with a sponge filled with foundation, that you dip into using the applicator provided (think a thin powder puff!). Then you pat the applicator on to your skin like you would a beauty blender. The result is a dewy, natural complexion.

Full points to L'Oreal for bringing a luxury product to the drugstore!


What are your favourite products from Priceline? Let me know in the comments below!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig