Monday 13 July 2015

REVIEW: Maybelline FITme Matte & Poreless Foundation

Searching for the perfect fit?

...Sorry. I couldn't help starting this post with that opener!

Aussie beauty lovers can finally get their swatched-up hands on Maybelline's latest foundation, the FITme Matte + Poreless. Rejoice! And if you're anything like me, this product has been on your radar for a while now (and now it can be on our faces too - score!).

But is this take on an old Maybelline classic worth picking up? Read on and find out!



Packaging


I really love the rectangular glass bottle - it feels and looks super luxurious on my dressing table, and is a great size for keeping in an everyday or travel makeup bag. My only qualm is that it doesn't come with a dispenser pump!

The original FITme foundation is like this too, so I'm surprised they didn't upgrade the design when making the Matte + Poreless range. Maybe it's just me, but I find it so hard to pour out the exact amount I need onto the back of my hand and always end up wasting some!


Coverage


I bought the shade Pure Beige, which is my colour in Maybelline's Dream Wonder range. Strangely, when I compared the two products on the back of my hand in store, they did look slightly different. But luckily for me, the Matte + Poreless' version of Pure Beige actually suits me better!

It's a fairly thick foundation, but it blends so beautifully. I've been wearing it everyday for the past week and I haven't used a primer to smooth out my skin before applying this foundation at all. Less time applying products and more time for my morning Instagram scroll? #winning


So let's take a look at the Matte + Poreless in action. Below is a shot of me without any makeup on. As you can see, my skin is a little bit uneven in tone - the centre of my face is definitely lighter than the rest of my skin.


But after applying the Matte + Poreless, look at how even my skin has become! Plus, it really does mean what it says when it comes to being 'poreless' - my skin looks and feels smoother with this foundation on, and my nose, which has the most prominent pores - looks so clear!


Longevity & Wear


Okay, so it ticks the 'poreless' box. However, I'm not so sure about it being a true matte foundation. My skin still looks slightly dewy after applying and that dewiness just increases throughout the day (even with a setting powder on top). The level of coverage definitely stays consistent, but I do need to enlist the help of blotting papers or powder to get rid of any shine after only four or so hours. Plus, it does tend to crease slightly under the eyes and in your smile lines. 


So if you have oily skin, I'm not sure I would recommend this to you, because it's not quite as matte as it says it is. However, for someone with combination skin like me, it's actually really lovely! The coverage is fantastic, it's long wearing, and the finish is so fresh. 

Below I've finished off my base makeup with a setting powder and highlighter and my skin looks incred, if I do say so! And that wouldn't have been possible without a great foundation to start with (mind the pun!).


The Maybelline FITme Matte + Poreless range is still rolling out across Australian stockists, but I found mine at Priceline in The Glen Shopping Centre for $18.95.

Have you tried any of the FITme range? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Share:

1 comment

  1. I like the sound of it being slightly dewy and not matte like what it advertises because that's what I look for in a foundation. It evened out your skin tone really nicely! I wish the bottle came with a pump. I can see it being very messy lol x

    Jess | It's That Time For

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig