Monday 9 March 2015

REVIEW: L'Oreal Paris Mega Volume Collagen Miss Manga Mascara

My name should be Miss Manga. 

Lover of Japan, anime and all things kawaii – I tick pretty much all the boxes! #justtryandtestmeonallthepokemonnames #iwillwin

So you can imagine how hyped I was to discover L’Oreal Paris’ latest mascara! A product that promises eyes as adorable as Sailor Moon’s? I’M. ALL. ABOUT. THAT. LIFE.


At Priceline there’s currently 25% off these beauties, so I picked up the Mega Volume Miss Manga Mascara in All Black - along with this super cute complimentary panda plushie – to put to the test. 


Application & Wand


First up, Miss Manga's wand is pretty unique. It has a flexible joint that bends as you apply, making coating every lash really easy. The actual brush is a cone shape, which is super handy for defining and lengthening the outer lashes, while not overloading the baby lashes in the eyes' inner corners. 

Plus, if you usually find it difficult to coat your lower lashes (smudged mascara everywhere? We've all been there!), the cone shape is a huge help. I just hold the wand vertically and sort of 'wiggle' it through my bottom lashes and they look incredible! 



Length, Volume & Definition


My lashes by default are pretty straight and short, but this mascara changed everything. Below you can see a step by step of each coat, and by the second one my lashes look completely different. They look longer, thicker and much more defined, giving my eyes this really wide, doe-eyed manga girl look.

Granted, the Miss Manga formula is a little thicker than what I'm used to, so I wouldn't recommend going for a third coat as by the second one my lashes were already teetering on the edge of being clumpy and spidery. But for a girl who doesn't have much in the lash department to begin with, it made a huge difference.


For the sake of comparison, below is the first and second coat of Miss Manga Mascara on my natural eyelashes without using an eyelash curler beforehand. The end effect is a bit more subtle, but is still a massive improvement, especially on those lower lashes!


Longevity, Curl & Wear


The Miss Manga Mascara definitely feels a little heavier on the eyes than other mascaras that I've tried, but it definitely didn't annoy me. If anything, it made fluttering my lashes so much more satisfying! The curl lasted incredibly well too - no drooping or straightening out over time - which is the best result I've ever had from a mascara.

During the day - around seven to eight hours of wear - I experienced no irritation (even with my contact lenses on!) or flaking. It did smudge at the outer corners very slightly, but nothing too noticeable. It was also very easy to remove - a bit of Bioderma on a cotton pad took it off very cleanly, with no piece-y bits coming off. 


Final Verdict


I. LOVE. THIS. MASCARA. 

If you're on the hunt for a new drugstore mascara, I highly recommend you give this a try. It's long lasting, easy to apply, keeps a curl and really does give your eyes that manga effect. You can pick this up for $21.95 (but if you're quick, it's still on promo price at Priceline!) which is pretty standard for a mascara, so I know I'll be repurchasing!

The Mega Volume Miss Manga Mascara is available in three other shades, Electric Blue, Pop Turquoise and Tropical Violet.


Have you tried the Miss Manga Mascara? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Share:

3 comments

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig