Monday 29 December 2014

Best Of Beauty Round-Up 2014 - Most Loved & Used Products

< Insert cliche about how quickly 2014 has flown by here >

Haha but you feel me right? Just where did this year go?! 

Nostalgia aside, I definitely tried and tested a bunch of products that I completely fell in love with this year! From a 3-time repurchased face powder to a body scrub that only just recently became a favourite, each of the products featured in this post all come with a big thumbs up from me!


Best Of Makeup


If you have ever asked me how I get my skin to look so glowy, it's because of this. This primer goes on so smoothly and if you have dry skin that doesn't agree with silicone-based primers, the Veil Mineral Primer is perfect for you as it hydrates the skin while it primes. Plus, my makeup lasts all day with this on! I've repurchased this multiple times and I am yet to meet a primer that can beat it.


The latest foundation formula to drop into the beauty world are fluid foundations that go on like a thin liquid foundation, but dry with a velvet-finish on the skin, which is super natural while still providing medium coverage. While the pump-less bottle is a bit messy, the Eau De Teint is definitely worth it! All I do is dot it onto my face and use my finger tips or a buffing brush to blend it in, and the end result is flawless, smooth skin. Adore!


To long-time followers of my blog, it should be no surprise to see this baby on the list! I have repurchased this countless times since buying it for the first time around three years ago, and I still haven't found another concealer that I like better than this one. It provides very high coverage which is perfect for covering blemishes and any redness, and it's even good enough to wear on its own on no-fuss makeup days.


Inside the adorable packaging is pretty much the loveliest finishing powder I have ever used. I swirl all four shades together to create a really soft, warm and glowing powder that I apply to set any oily areas on my face after my foundation, such as the T-Zone. I also dust it along my cheekbones as it creates the prettiest subtle highlight! 


If you've seen my previous review of this incredible blush (if not, check it out here!), then you'll know how much I love it! The shade Dim Infusion is a blend of coral pigment and Hourglass' famous Ambient Lighting Powder, so when applied to the cheeks, it creates a warm flush that brightens up the whole complexion. Plus it's very finely milled so it blends really nicely on the cheeks.


I picked this up in Japan because they're much more expensive in Australia - $12 VS $29? I know which price I prefer! - and my lashes have never looked better. I don't know what exactly makes this curler so much better than the cheaper chemist ones I've used in the past, but it makes my lashes perk up and the curl lasts all day. If you have straight lashes like mine and you can get your hands on this, I highly recommend that you do!


This has forever been a staple in my makeup bag because I'm a massive fan of winged liquid liner on the eyes, and while I've tried many liners, I still always come back to this one. I go through these so quickly because being an ink-style liquid liner they tend to dry out quicker, but they still last a few months each at least. Plus they don't smudge and I love its glossy, vinyl-like finish.


This was my first M.A.C lipstick ever (and I only bought it a month or so ago - I know, late on the bandwagon!), and I am well in truly in love. It is the perfect nude shade for me that is literally My Lips But Better. It goes on creamy, is highly pigmented and is a great everyday colour. A great beginner's lipstick if you're looking to start wearing nude lippy!


For something a bit darker, I can't go past the Apocalips in Eclipse. This is a red-wine, deep plum colour that looks super classy on, but is still a bit vampy and sexy too. I'm a massive fan of the Apocalips range all round because they're crazy pigmented and the formula leaves a lovely semi-gloss finish on the lips, but this is my favourite shade of them all hands down. If I'm looking to add a bit of drama to my makeup look, this is almost always what I pick up.


For those bright lip days, there's something about a punchy purple that always gets attention! The Lime Crime Velvetines go on glossy and dry matte, and are very long-lasting, and this shade Utopia is my pick of the range. I wear it both as a full matte lip, or as a lip stain by applying the colour with my finger tips for a softer wash of colour. I've also done a full review of this baby if you want to see more photos, and you can check it out here.


Best Of Skin and Body Care


Is it really a surprise to see Bioderma on this list? This beauty blogger favourite is a must-have in my beauty routine as it gently removes my makeup (yes, even waterproof mascara!) while lightly cleansing, without irritating my skin. I use the Sensibio (sensitive) version and while it's exxy, it lasts for ages and it is AMAZING.


This is formulated as a body wash, but when I bought it, the girl in the Laline store said that it was also great as a facial cleanser. I was a bit apprehensive at first as body products are usually too harsh for the face, but I LOVE THIS. It's really gentle on my skin and doesn't strip it of its natural oils, but it still washes away any leftover makeup or dirt buildup from during the day. It's incredible and it's way, way, WAY better than any cleanser I have ever used. Plus it adorably dispenses the product like whipped cream and smells like cherry blossoms - what more could a girl want?


This is a recent addition to my favourites as I bought it a few weeks ago in Japan, but I now know why Japan is famous for its skincare. This moisturiser is lighter than a cream, but a bit heavier than a serum so it really hydrates my skin without making it feel greasy. I used to have small dry areas on my cheeks, but this has cleared that right up. Plus I think it must have toning properties in it too because the redness I normally have in my cheeks has really been reduced since using this. 


I've only been using this one for a few weeks, but it well and truly deserves its spot on this list. I use it in the shower with a loofa and it buffs away any dead skin leaving my body feeling smooth, supple and fresh. Unfortunately this particular scent is a limited edition Christmas release, but I'll definitely be picking up the same product in different scents when this one runs out. 


I don't tend to use self tanners because of the mess factor, so I adore gradual tanners. This one smells deliciously tropical and in just three applications over three nights (using a tanning mitt of course!) my skin has a golden glow that lasts for around a week before topping it up. Plus it goes on like a moisturiser, so it doesn't stain my clothes or sheets. Bonus!


And that's it for my faves! Happy New Year beauties and I'll see you in 2015!


What were your favourite products from 2014? Did any make this list? Share your faves with me in the comments below!

Share:

3 comments

  1. Soany good things! I should stop reading everyone else's top products post before mine is published, I keep thinking of things to add in and it's already an epically long list! I was nodding along every time I saw one of your picks, I'm yet to try the PureTan but I've hears such good things about it. Maybe it'll make my top products for next year?

    Dani | KaBOOM! Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of products! i'd love to hear a list of organically made products though with natural ingredients only !

    ReplyDelete
  3. After trying various skincare products, the Detan face pack stood out as a true hero for me. It effectively removed tan and impurities, leaving my face feeling incredibly smooth. What I love most is its natural formulation – no harsh chemicals! If you're on the hunt for a reliable solution to brighten your complexion, the Detan face pack is the answer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig