Monday 24 November 2014

Do Spray Moisturisers Really Work? (Review: Palmer's Rapid Moisture)

There's been a lot of buzz lately surrounding 'spray moisturisers', since it's getting closer to summer. Similar to an aerosol deodorant, the canisters dispense a fine mist of product when you press and hold down a button.

It sounds simple enough, but I was kind of dubious. I'm used to body lotions, so a spray on moisturiser seemed like a really strange concept. But, I'll try almost anything once!


I got my hands on the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion in Coconut Rich to try out of curiosity as I've already used Palmer's products before. I've found their other products to be rich, very hydrating, and they successfully make my skin very smooth and soft. 


The button up top can be locked (awesome, because I don't want it to leak everywhere if I take it with me in my bag!), and you press and hold it down to release the moisturising mist. All you do is lightly spray it wherever you want - it's especially great for getting your legs, arms and back - and rub it in with your hands.


However, one thing you definitely have to be careful of is using it in the bathroom. You can't really use it anywhere else (maybe outside?) as it will get on everything, but in a tiled bathroom especially, the moisturiser on the floor can make things slippery. So definitely be mindful where you step, or lay down a towl before using. In my opinion, that's more effort than just using a lotion!

See the mist? Look carefully!
I recommend getting your hands on one if you're headed to the beach and need a sprtiz of moisture after being in the sun and salt, rather than if you have dry skin. As far as moisturisers go, they're not bad, but because it's a spray product the actual moisturiser itself is very thin. It's a bit similar to cooking oil sprays, just without the greasy residue.

Pros

1. It's much quicker to apply than a lotion as you just quickly spritz yourself with it and rub it in.
2. It's not greasy and it dries really quickly, so you won't stick to your clothes if you apply it before getting dressed.
3. This one smells DELISH - just like chocolate! - so you smell really yummy after using it.

Cons

1. The nozzle can sometimes get blocked, so instead of a mist, it sprays a jet of product. Messy!
2. It can make tiled floors slippery.
3. It's messier to apply than a lotion or body butter, because the spray often gets on things other than you!


For summer, I think these are great for post-beach or if you need a quick hit of moisture before going out, because they dry heaps quicker than your usual lotion. They do seem a little gimmicky, but they definitely moisturise just fine and it is kind of fun spritzing it on!

Have you tried a spray on moisturiser before? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below!
Share:

2 comments

  1. I've had my eye on this spray moisturiser for a while now. I've actually been using the Vaseline version in Cocoa Glow and have been loving it! It's quick, easy and gives lightweight but long lasting hydration. I do tend to agree with you about the messiness though, tiles and spray moisturisers do not mix!

    Dani | KaBOOM! Cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried spray moisturiser before but it is something I would like to try. Thanks for the tip about the moisturiser spraying everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig