Tuesday 1 July 2014

Top Winter Skincare Products 2014 - Combination Skin

Come on winter, knock it off! All of this windy business and indoor heating is drying out our skin!

If you're anything like me and the cold weather tends to wreck havoc on on your skin, here are my top moisturising products for replumping up your cheeks and bringing back that glow! #crackedskinbegone



Do your skin a favour this winter and ditch the makeup remover wipes. I've been having fairly late nights over the past few weeks, which means that when it comes to taking my makeup off at the end of the day, I want it done quickly! 

But makeup wipes are generally pretty harsh on the skin, so I've swapped to this super luxurious cream cleanser, which you massage into the skin and wipe off using tissues. It's incredible - it takes off all of my makeup, cleanses my skin and is super gentle. Love. I don't use this everyday however - more on nights when I just have to go straight to bed!



Even though I get dry skin in winter, I stay away from exfoliating products because they're often too rough and 'sandy' for my already sensitive skin. So to buff away any dead skin cells and help refresh my pores, I've been using this little electronic cleansing brush every night in the shower.

It's like a baby Clairesonic and it does a great job of gently exfoliating my skin and leaving it fresh, cleansed, and not at all tight! I use it with the Shine Minimising Cleanser which came with it in the kit. 
See my full review of this product here.


Juju Cosmetics Aquamoist Moisture Lotion
(I couldn't find a link, but try Asian cosmetic stores–especially Japanese ones)

I use this as a toner after cleansing as it pops a bit of extra moisture back into my skin before I apply my proper moisturiser. All I do is put a few drops onto a tissue and gently wipe my face with it. I also use this in the morning to freshen up my face, removing any oils that built up as I slept, while putting moisture back in. 

It's nice and light, kind of like a thicker consistency water (weirdest description ever!) so it gets sucked up by my skin super quick.



In winter my skin needs a big hit of moisture to keep it looking and feeling good. I've just started using this moisturiser (about a week now) and it is easily one of the best ones I have ever used. Cream or 'milk' moisturisers don't tend to be absorbed by my skin, so I've been loving this - it soaks into my skin quickly, leaving it feeling hydrated and plump, while maintaining a semi-matte finish so it doesn't look oily under my makeup.

I use this both day and night and the super cool packaging dispenses the gel by pressing the 'button', and it releases the perfect amount for my face and neck! Keep an eye out for this when it's released at Priceline soon. 



If you don't use an eye cream, I strongly recommend you do if you're over 20. Unfortunately, this is the age that our skin starts to show signs of ageing (depressing, I know. Life hasn't even started yet!), so we need to take care of ourselves.

Especially if you have dark under eye circles (bags) or wear eye makeup every day, an eye cream will help keep the delicate skin around our peepers healthy and happy. This is my current fave, a rich and creamy one from Benefit. It sinks into the skin quickly and makes my eye area feel super lush. 



Speaking of eyes, do yours look puffy when waking up in the morning too? Now that I'm working like a real adult (I know!), I've been getting up super early. And early mornings combined with late nights that I'm slowly trying to turn into early ones mean that my eyes have been looking a bit on the puff side when I wake up.

This eye cream is applied through a metal roller ball that you gently roll onto the contours of your eye area. The cream is great for hydrating the area and the cold roller helps to de-puff those peepers. 



Shoo, scaly skin! Yes, most of the time we're going to be covered up with tights and long sleeved tops, but that doesn't mean we should neglect what's underneath! This moisturiser is really affordable and does a great job of keeping my arms and legs soft and smooth. It also dries quickly and doesn't feel oily at all. Plus it literally smells like chocolate. And who doesn't want to smell like dessert? 



I asked you guys on Instagram (if you don't follow me already, my username is @hijessicaanne - let's be insta friends!) which hand cream you love and this one was the most recommended by far. And it's not hard to see why! If my hands look dry, they instantly look more alive after massaging this in. It's not oily, absorbs quickly and smells like lollies! I've nearly finished this travel size, so I'll need to restock soon.



And of course, what kind of winter skincare list would be complete without a stellar lip balm? And my life pretty much wouldn't be complete without this baby. Sorry Lucas Papaw Ointment, you've been trumped! This lip balm is smooth, soaks into my pout nice and quick, and keeps them hydrated for ages (think hours!). Plus it looks like a really pretty clear gloss on. For winter, I recommend using a lip balm like this before you go to sleep so it can really work its magic while you're in la-la land.


What skincare product do you swear by in winter? Let me know in the comments below!

Share:

6 comments

  1. I love the little cleansing brush, it is cute. I don't know if we have that here but I shall look out for it. Amy
    amynmore.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to get an eye cream for a while now. Maybe it's time I invest in a Benefit It's Potent eye cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so soothing and soft on the skin, I definitely recommend it! There's one by Lancome that's amazing too, but it was a present and out of my budget now haha xx

      Delete
  3. That eye cream is one of the best I've tried! That Clinique cleanser sounds amazing.
    One of my winter must-haves is rosehip oil, love that stuff.

    New follower here x
    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  4. The above product is nice. h thank you for this short review! Good post. It is very easy to buy. http://ergode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Useful information, great effort from the author, Guys, any one needs skin care related support and advice. please take Facial pigmentation treatment in coimbatore

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig