Monday 21 July 2014

Brow-To: Everyday Eyebrow Tutorial

Yes, those little tufts of hair above your eyes can make or break your makeup! 

If you're Cara Delevigne or Lily Collins you probably don't need to read on, but for the rest of us less blessed in the brow department (such as myself), this is going to change your makeup routine (for the better!)

Below you will see two photos of myself already made up, but on the left I haven't done my brows, and on the right, I have shaped and filled them in.

WOW. What a difference it makes!
Your eyebrows have the ability to frame your face and instantly make your makeup look more 'polished' when they've been shaped and filled in correctly. Especially for someone like me who doesn't have many brow hairs to begin with. 

As you can see below, my eyebrows leave much to be desired - they're sparse and seriously taper off into nothing, which with flash photography can make me look ridiculous. 


So, filling in my brows quickly became a regular addition to my beauty routine. Even on bare-faced days, a little brow wax and powder is all it takes to make me look more put together. 

Lately I've been using the Models Prefer Essential Brow Kit in Medium/Dark, which you can see is very well loved! Getting a brow kit is a great addition to your makeup bag, as most come with everything you need, such as a brow wax, filling powder, angled brush and spoolie brush for blending.


So, let's get onto the tutorial! It's a pictorial today, let me know what you guys think of this layout and I may do it again for mini tutorials and how-to's such as this one!


And that's it!


Do you fill in your brows or have any brow maintenance tips and product recommendations? Let me know in the comments below!

Share:

3 comments

  1. Brows is something that I love to in my make up routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! May I ask what camera you use? :)
    my blog is mysterious-rendezvous.blogspot.co.uk :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog on daily basis. This is really great and informative post. Thanks for sharing.
    Combination Brows Sydney

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig