Tuesday 24 June 2014

My Top 5 Women's Fragrances + Perfume Tips


Perfume is always a gorgeous gift. It's classy, something the receiver can wear and think of you, and is a little bit luxurious! And well, who doesn't like smelling good?

While not all of us can afford to buy Chanel and Marc Jacobs (ohhh, but one day!), a designer label makeup product or fragrance is the perfect way to get that fancy feeling without breaking the bank.

And trust me, every girl wants to walk past people and have them stare after her because she smells delicious. No? Just me? 
So if you're looking for a gift for a special lady (or the most special lady of all - yourself!), here are my top 5 favourite scents, which might give you some scent-spiration!

Taken By Surprise: Top 5 Women's Fragrances 


5. Anna Sui Secret Wish - $74.00 for 75ml at Strawberry Net

Notes:
Citrus and stone fruit, musky wood.

This was the first perfume I ever owned about seven years ago, and its scent still brings back memories! I loved it so much that I recently got given another one just because I really wanted to smell it again (creepy haha). I absolutely adore the potion-style bottle with the fairy on top - it makes me feel like I'm in a fairytale every time I wear it. This scent is very feminine and sweet, and would probably suit a teenage girl. 


4. Marc Jacobs Honey - $89.99 for 50ml at Chemist Warehouse

Notes:
Winter fruits, vanilla and honey.

To me, this is the perfect work perfume. It's soft, very fresh, and definitely not too overpowering. It's also a very sophisticated scent that would suit young professional women.  Plus, just look at the adorable bottle! Marc Jacobs, you never fail to impress. 



Notes:
Sweet fruit, dark chocolate and vanilla.

Don't know what to get? This perfume is a fail-safe choice for teenagers and young women. It's super feminine, sweet and floral, and I constantly get asked what perfume I am wearing when I have this on. It's a very popular scent and it's easy to see why. It works for both day and night and suits pretty much every occasion! As you can see, I've already finished my bottle (and I only had it for about six months!).


2. Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina - $110.00 for 50ml at Myer

Notes:
Fizzy, floral and sweet desserts. 

This is the perfect young lady scent - not a girl, but not a woman, but somewhere in between (resisting the urge to sing Britney Spears right now...). It's not too sweet, but it's very feminine and refreshing. Think chic, but still a little flirty and cheeky! This would be a great scent to give to the special girl in your life - even better if she's the creative, arty type!


1. Harajuku Lovers G Of The Sea - $44.50 for 30ml at Strawberry Net

Notes:
Floral, woody, sweet and fresh fruit.

And my favourite out of the collection! Not only is the bottle absolutely adorable, but this scent is so, SO delicious! It was given to me as a gift for my 21st and I am trying to ration it because it's limited edition. It's the sort of scent I love wearing to go out, whether it be with friends or out out. Plus, it's even better in summer! Pick this for the quirky girl, for the super fun scent and cute as bottle. 


Fragrance Quick Tips

- Spritz your perfume on before you get dressed. Scents hold longer on skin and many perfumes can discolour your clothing and tarnish your jewellery. 

- Apply your perfume on your pulse points. You already know about spraying your neck and wrists, but also try the bends of your elbows and behind your knees!

- Do you rub your wrists together after applying perfume? Try to resist the habit, because creating friction on your perfume creates heat which can reduce the strength and longevity of the scent. 


What is your signature scent? Let me know in the comments below!

Share:

1 comment

  1. Uwaaaaah sooo cute, they all look so great I wanna try ^^

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig