Monday 24 March 2014

Winter Workout Haul - Looking And Feeling Good!

Sweet tooth? Check. Lover of sleep ins? Check. Consider exercise as a lap around the shops? Check.

Okay, I'm not quite that bad, but because I'm now 21 and something of an adult, it's about time I started getting this body of mine doing more of what it was made to do–move!

For the past fortnight I've been taking early morning walks with my dad, which has been doing wonders for my sleeping pattern, overall energy throughout the day and water consumption (I aim to drink a litre of water during the hour-long walks). I can't picture myself turning into a gym bunny, but I do know that it's important to be healthy.

So now that I've established a little exercise routine for myself, I decided I better get some kit to match! At the moment I've been wandering about in my old Year 12 jumper and a pair of leggings, so I figured I'd pick some things up. It's just like buying yourself pretty stationery before the semester starts to motivate you to study!


The best part was that most of these pieces were super affordable. I was thinking I'd have to shell out the big bucks (Lorna Jane and Adidas are exxy as!), so I was stoked to have found these bargains. Cotton On, Big W and KMart really deliver the goods!

Big W


This jumper is literally the response to a wardrobe malfunction. I DON'T OWN ANY HOODIES. How does that happen?! I did a big closet clean out a month or so ago, but I obviously didn't realise that I was making myself hoodie-less. Sometime you just need a comfy throw-on! This cropped cutie is super comfortable and I love the little jade-green accents that give the greyness a little pop of colour.


Circuit Fleecy Trackpant - $10
Like the hoodie, sometimes you just need a comfy pair of pants to lounge around in. And for $10, these were seriously such a steal! I like that they're not cut like traditional trackies either–these are fitted at the ankle and taper, so kind of like 'skinny-leg' pants. Plus they're fleece-lined. Can I get a C-O-M-F-O-R-T-A-B-L-E?


KMart


Nerd Beanie - $7
Do I need a reason? Do I? I've been looking a slogan beanie that I actually like in ages and the fact that this has 'NERD' emblazoned across the front completely won me over. I'm a closet nerd. Test me on Pokemon, I dare you.


Purple Crop Top / Sports Bra - $8
Girls, don't be mad... But this is the first sports bra I've ever owned. I think that really shows just how much sport I did growing up (hint: not a lot). I mean, I did Taekwondo and netball for a number of years, but never got around to getting proper support for myself. Well, here we are! This is pretty comfortable and not too restrictive–I think I just have to get used to it. This also comes in green and I'm contemplating getting that one too.


Purple Stretch Tee - $8
Later on in the post you'll see a puffer vest that I bought and I chose this top because I wanted something colourful to wear underneath it. This top is super comfy, very flattering and the colour is just so lovely! And it was EIGHT. DOLLARS. Crazy talk.


Grey Burnout Tee - $9
Nothing really beats a soft tee. This t-shirt is soooo comfortable and it fits my body super well. I can see myself wearing this one outside of my exercise routine too, paired with high waisted jeans and a vintage cardigan.


Cotton On


Speed Running Pant - $19.95
There was only one of these left in my size, which was a bummer because I definitely would have bought another pair! These are crazy comfortable and reaaaaally flattering. I totally understand the whole 'yoga pants' thing now–these leggings make your butt and legs look incredible! 


This is probably my favourite piece out of the entire haul. I was expecting to have to pay upwards of $100 for a vest like this, but it was less than $50 at Cotton On! It's soft, lovely and warm, and is actually quite flattering (read: not bulky) on. It has a cosy faux fur hood too which makes it look a lot more expensive than it was. If you're after a good quality warm vest, check out Cotton On! It also comes in navy blue and electric blue (without the fur trim).


Gritty Pom Pom Beanie - $9.95 (but I got mine for $5)
Cotton On is notorious for their $5 with any purchase promotions, from towels to water bottles, to bags to scarves. When I was there, they were offering a range of beanies for $5 with purchase. My friend Ally convinced me to get this one (I think it's actually a men's beanie haha) and I've worn it since and it actually looks pretty cute on!


And that's it! Where do you go to get your workout clothes and what do you do for exercise? Let me know in the comments below!
Share:

2 comments

  1. So sweet ^^

    I love both of the beanies so much!!!


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig