This is literally the easiest way to get wavy hair. I have dead straight hair, so this is a quick and simple fix for when I want some body and shape to my locks. Want to know how to achieve these loose, beachy waves? Keep reading!
Taken By Surprise Tutorial: Easy Twist Waves
What you will need:
- Heat Protectant/Styling Spray
- Bobby pins (at least four)
- Volumizing Powder
- Sea Salt Spray
1. First up, make sure your hair is knot free, so give those locks a good brushin'!
2. Because we're going to use a hairdryer very close to the hair, we need to protect our strands from the heat. Apply a heat protectant styling spray to the lengths of your hair and brush through with your fingers to make sure the product is evenly distributed.
|TRESemme Heat Tamer Protective Spray|
3. Now divide your hair into two equal sections, then divide each of those sections in half.
4. With one of the small sections closest to your face, twist the hair into a tight rope. Keep twisting until the section begins to twist onto itself, then wind it into a coil and secure to your head using bobby pins.
5. Repeat the previous step with each section.
Once you're done, you'll look like a weirder version of Princess Leia's famous hairstyle haha
6. Then with your hairdryer on the hottest setting, heat up each coil for about 2-3 minutes each or until hot to touch.
|VS Sassoon AC Salon Professional VS5533A|
7. Let each coil cool completely then gently take out the bobby pins and unwind each coil. It should look like a big curly noodle haha then finger comb to loosen it up.
8. Now that we have all this volume in the bottom half of our hair, put a little volumizing powder on your finger tips and massage into your roots to lift them up and give them some body.
|Schwarzkopf Instant Volume Powder|
9. For some added texture, apply sea salt spray to the lengths and scrunch up your hair with your hands for a messy, beach wave look. Then just set those waves with some hairspray!
|Garnier Surf Hair Texturising Spray in "Strong"|
L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray in "Extreme Hold Natural Touch"
And we're done!
|"By The Sea I Saw Her" flower crown from CrownedByFlowers|