Looking for a hairstyle that just oozes effortless chic? A 'do that's a bit romantic, super lovely, and easy peasy to achieve?
The low rolled updo is a gorgeous twisted style that softly gathers the hair at the nape of the neck, making for a look that can be worn with dainty flowers during the day, or with a beautiful dress at night. Plus, if you're stuck at the mirror thinking, what am I going to do with my hair today?! this is the perfect five minute style that really does go with anything.
|Thank you to the beautiful Ally for being my model in this tutorial <3|
Taken By Surprise Tutorial: Chic Low Rolled Updo
What you will need:
- A hairbrush (mine is a Tangle Teezer)
- A few bobby pins
- A hair tie
1. Start with day old hair so you have some texture to work with that will help keep this style in place. If your hair is freshly washed, you can spritz in some dry shampoo or a volumising powder and massage it into your roots.
2. Give your hair a good brush so it's smooth and tangle free.
3. With your hair tie, gather your hair into a low, loose ponytail that sits at the nape of your neck. Gently pull some pieces of hair from around your face out to frame your face and to keep the look soft and relaxed.
4. Just above the hair tie, split the hair into two sections, creating a space. Then taking the ponytail, loop it up and through the hole.
5. Repeat the previous step, and it should look like you have a small bun.
6. Spritz a bit of hairspray onto your bobby pins which will give them more grip and help prevent them from slipping out of your hair.
7. Pull the bun apart slightly so the hair is evenly distributed. Pin into place, making sure to pin the remaining loose end of the ponytail into the twist.
And we're done!
If you have any hairstyle tutorial requests, let me know in the comments below and I'll see what I can do!