Sunday 2 June 2013

HAUL: A Bunch of Beauty Buys & New Fashion Pieces + eFoxCity Wish List


It is officially winter! That sentence makes me sound a lot more excited that I am; I am definitely not best friends with cold weather and am already wishing it would hurry up and become spring already. 

Oh well. To make the season's transition a little more sweet, I went out and bought a whole bunch of new makeup products and a few wintery fashion items. The funny part is, pretty much all of these are repurchases or replacements for old items that have worn out/run out or broken!  So consider this a major upgrading post! Plus there are a few new release products in there too, so look out for those :)

Beauty Haul

Revlon Photoready Foundation in "005 Natural Beige" - Priceline ($26.95 down from $36.95)
Everyone I know has been raving about the Revlon Colourstay Foundation and hating on the Photoready, but to be honest, I really really like this foundation! I really wanted a foundation that I could wear at night when there's flash photography, so I picked this up during a $10 off Revlon sale at Priceline. Lots of reviews I've read complain that this foundation dries their skin out and looks dull, but for me, because I have oily skin, it balances my skin out perfectly for a natural matte finish! Avoid if you have dry skin, but I highly recommend it for oily skin types.

Essence Mattifying Compact Powder in "04 Perfect Beige" - Priceline ($5.35)
I really love the Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder (check out my review here) but had heard good things about the Essence powder so decided to give it a go when my Stay Matte ran out. It's not bad, but not WOW either. It does what it's meant to do really well, but the powder isn't as finely milled as the Rimmel one. Still happy to use it though!

Maybelline Hyper Glossy Liquid Eyeliner - Priceline ($13.95)
My Schwing Liquid Liner from TheBalm is starting to dry out so I needed a new liner. I actually really wanted the Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Eyeliner as it's been pegged as the best pharmacy/drugstore liquid liner, but everywhere I go it's sold out! But I liked the look of this one and picked it up instead. I used it yesterday and it's really easy to apply thanks to the tiny straight brush applicator. After using dip-style pen tip applicators that tend to get "fibery" this made things so easy! Does anyone else experience little threads coming off their liquid liners that smudge your liner? Plus this really is very glossy and stayed on without smudging for a whole day.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in "20 Sand" - Priceline ($14.95)
I actually used a Fit Me concealer last year and repurchased it twice because I loved it so much (in the shade "10 Light") but have been using the Benefit Erase Paste since it ran out. But now that it's winter and I'm not as dark as before, I needed a lighter concealer because the Benefit one was starting to look pink/orange on my skin. Currently loving this liquid concealer from Maybelline! The lipgloss-like applicator is so much easier to use than a pot concealer and a brush, and I can really use it anywhere because it's all in one.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in "25 Bad To The Bronze" - Priceline (FREE but usually $11.95)
If you live in Australia, get to Priceline and make use of their current deal for Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on all Maybelline products! I needed the liner and concealer above, so I was super happy to get a product for free. I already have a few Colour Tattoos but heard this colour is a real winner from other beauty bloggers AND IT REALLY IS. I just apply it all over my lid using my ring finger and it looks perfect! It's so easy to apply, looks like it has a lot of dimension (even though it's just one colour; maybe it's because of the shimmer?) and because it's a creme shadow, it stays on for hours and hours without creasing. I'm officially in love with this, and I feel like I'm going to ditch my usual eyeshadows in favour of this on rushed mornings.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stains in "Cherish" and "Smitten" - Priceline ($17.95 each)
Priceline was also having a two for one sale on Revlon lip and nail products and it's normally so expensive so I made sure to get these! I actually already own "Cherish" and ADORE it (it is the perfect, perfect bright pink for me) but I stupidly lost it somewhere so needed to repurchase it. I decided to get a bright plummy fuchsia as my freebie and I love it a lot also! These really stay on and I can just apply it in the morning and it will still be as vibrant when I get home at night, even if I've been eating and drinking. The colour even seems to look MORE vibrant!


Galactic Glamour Glitter Liquid Eyeliners in "Green" and "Bronze" - Sportsgirl ($7.95)
I used a few of the Sportsgirl glitter liners when I was in high school but they were discontinued a long time ago and I kind of forgot about them. But now that baroque, metallics and galaxy prints are in, so are glitter liners! There are four shades available (gold, black, green and bronze) and I picked up these two. I love the bronze one as it's just a mix of gold and black glitter, so it gives a real three dimensional effect and is something a bit different from your standard black liner. The green is great too and really reminds me of the ocean and would be great to wear for a pop of colour on the eyes on a night out. The staying power is great, but if you have sensitive eyes like me, it might sting a bit at first.

Fashion & Accessories Haul

Ripcurl Pins High Sateen Super Skinny Pants - Ozmosis ($79.99 down from $99.99)
I've been searching for a pair of shiny finish black high-waisted pants all autumn (since I cut up my only pair of black skinnies to turn them into shorts last summer) and finally found a pair I like! These are the perfect fit for me and hug me in all the right places (and not in the wrong!) and finish just above the ankle, which is really cute. I looooooove these, though I did notice the other day that after wearing them in the rain, I took them off and my legs were slightly stained blue from the dye haha. Plus Ozmosis was having a 20% off everything sale, so I was super happy to get these!

Mink Pink Leopard Print Belt - Universal Store ($8 down from $25)
I already own a leopard print skinny belt, but it is literally falling apart. The print is tearing off the belt itself and it's a major pain to put on because it's in three barely attached pieces. But I wear it a lot, so I really needed a new one. The Universal Store had this competition on where you spin a wheel and instantly win a prize; mine was 20% off my purchase, so this $10 belt (already reduced from $25) went down to $8! What a steal!

Bubble Stud Chequebook Wallet - Sportsgirl ($10 down from $30)
Like the belt above, my last wallet pretty much split down the middle and was nearly letting my cards fall out of the gap. I was putting off getting a new one because it was still fully functional, but I finally caved when I saw this wallet for a super cheap $10! And it's way better quality than my last one! #loveabargain It fits all of my cards, cash and coins, PLUS my iPhone and its case, and a lipstick!

Stripe Print Umbrella - Sportsgirl ($14.95)
I have wanted this brolly for a while but had been waiting for the rain to justify getting it. Then the other day when I was shopping, it decided to pour buckets, so I had no choice but to go and pick this cutie up. And it's surprisingly strong for a little collapsible umbrella! I used it as soon as I left the store and it was pretty windy, but it didn't flinch (if umbrellas can flinch...).

Stone & Linked Spikes Necklace in Yellow - Jolie & Deen
One of my gorgeous best friends Tally (you might remember her from my post on the Michelle Phan Myer event) bought this for me when we went shopping last week as a belated birthday present. She is so sweet! She really wanted to get me a necklace from this shop, but wanted to bring me with her when she chose it to make sure I liked it. The thing is, we went to Chapel St where the shop is so many times, but just couldn't find this shop! We finally stumbled across it last week, and now I have this beautiful necklace from a beautiful friend <3

And that's my haul! In other news...

I have been loving wearing collared shirts under knitted jumpers lately and I just discovered these really cool collar jewellery pieces! One annoying thing about wearing a collared shirt is that you can't really wear a necklace because the collar gets in the way. So I LOVE these because it means you can still dress up your shirts!

After searching online, these are my favourites from eFoxCity which is an online shopping mall that sell discount homecoming dresses, celebrity dresses and jewellery. I'm trying to decide which one to get... I really adore the black one because I love anything black, white and gold, but the pastel pink and mint one is really cute too! Then I look at the pearl one and it's really unique! They're all under $10 so I really want one. But, gosh, I can't decide!

Let me know which is your favourite in the comments below!

Share:

3 comments

  1. great things :)
    love the maybelline jade new york color tattoo :) i've got the same in purple.
    x
    http://beauty-lifestyle-fashion-blog.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it! (;

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig