Saturday 10 November 2012

Sephora Beauty Haul - Urban Decay, NARS, Benefit and more!

If there's one thing that gets under a beauty blogger’s skin, it’s clicking on the checkout button when shopping online and discovering you can’t have that gorgeous new makeup product because the website doesn’t ship to where you live.

It is utterly depressing.

My online wish lists go on for pages, and really, I should just learn not to go on foreign websites because I KNOW that I’ll fall in love with something I can’t have.

So when one of my best friends went to the US over the last few weeks, I pretty much begged her to visit Sephora for me, throwing money at her in the process (that may or may not be true…). Luckily Tally (who you might remember from this post) loves beauty just as much as I do and didn’t judge me haha

Thank you so much Tally, for making my Sephora dreams come true!!

Sephora Beauty Haul

Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette 
Why the NAKED 2 Palette and not the original NAKED Palette, I hear you ask? Well, most reviews I looked at said that if you already own the first, don’t get the second, but if you own neither, to get the NAKED 2. I was so tempted to get both, but granted that a lot of the shades are pretty similar, I decided on the NAKED 2. And I am LOVING it!! My favourites are “Booty Call” as the highlight, “Suspect” all over the lid, and “YDK” to define the crease. One thing I’m really happy with is the case – it’s metal and snaps shut, so it’d be great for travelling with. Gosh, so much love for this palette ❤_❤




Urban Decay Lip Junkie Mini Lip Gloss in "NAKED"
This lil cutie comes free with the NAKED 2 Palette, and it's a nice natural rose colour. It also has some sort of minty(?) ingredient that gives your lips this funny cooling sensation, which is meant to help plump up your lips. And when I say mini, I MEAN mini (think roughly the size of your thumb) so it's great for slipping into a clutch, but easy to lose otherwise!

Urban Decay Primer Potion in "Original"
After hearing a million and one people rave about this product, I just knew I had to get one! I normally just use a liquid concealer to prime my eyelids for shadow, so I'm so pleased to actually have a proper eye primer! And it really is all they say - it creates a super soft matte base for colour and somehow my eyeshadow looks even more vibrant after using it! This is fast becoming a beauty bag must have for me.


Sephora + Pantone Universe Shades of Nature Eye Shadow Palette 
I was looking to upgrade my multipurpose/colour eyeshadow palette (mine’s from BYS) and I really needed on with a rainbow-esque range of colours. And who better than Pantone! This is a really great summer-toned palette with a massive 35 shades, and I love the tin case it comes in - it reminds me of a pencil tin! I haven’t tested any of these shades yet, so if you guys want swatches and a separate review/sample looks, let me know :)


NARS Multiple in "Orgasm"
(Bit of a "cheeky" name, hm? Ha. Ha.)
I've wanted this for a while now, but it is just way too expensive here in Australia for me to justify buying it. I already own the powder version of the same shade, but I really wanted to try a creme version because apparently they blend better and look more natural. And it's easy to see why this shade is NARS' most popular - it's a rosy colour with a really pretty golden shimmer, so I can see this being a staple for summer! It also doubles as a contouring product and lip colour, hence the name "multiple"!


Left - straight from stick
Right - blended using fingers


Benefit Speed Brow Brow Gel
My eyebrows are almost verging on tadpole-territory thanks to a tweezer mishap, so I can use any brow help I can get! This is like a clear/slightly tinted mascara for your brows - you use it to sculpt the hairs to create your desired shape, while taming any unruly ones. Great for people who have brow hairs that grow in different directions (like me haha). 


Victoria's Secret Glitter Makeup Bag
This of course isn't from Sephora - it was actually a gift from Tally! I've never owned anything from Victoria's Secret, so this was super exciting to receive. Plus it's smaller than my actual makeup bag, but big enough to hold my essentials plus a large eyeshadow palette, so this is going to be my travel makeup bag from now on! Thank you so much Tally :)


Have you ever clicked on the checkout when online shopping and realised the website doesn't ship to where you live? What's the top item on your online wishlist? Let me know in the comments below!
Share:

11 comments

  1. No never happened cos I always check where they ship first. The naked palette looks totally gorgeous. I want one too <3
    xo

    glamDevils

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul!!! I just recently ordered the Naked 2 palette as well!! I'm so excited to get it!! I got Naked 1 last year for my birthday... but... I mean..technically I bought only one of the palettes for myself...So, it's justifiable to have both, right? haha. The sephora palette looks so pretty and the nars multiple looks gorgeous swatched!

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love NAKED palette sooo much!)
    WatchMyBlogHere
    Love your blog! Hope you'll love mine and follow me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also need to buy myself makeup! Urgent! Thank you for your comment, I'm always happy to see you're following blaastyle. x Romi
    www.blaastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!
    BIG KISS!

    Marianela.
    SORTEO JUNTO A SHEINSIDE EN MI BLOG! Anímate! --> http://www.asm-magazine.com/marilynscloset/12770/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choices! :) I really like your VS glittery makeup bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was such a nice gift, and anything glittery is so much fun ^^ x

      Delete
  7. Wow you really went all out! I love going to Sephora they have the best stuff!

    [fashionablyfly.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow great eye shadows!!! Benefit is such a great brand! love their mascara and also the speed bow!
    Bisous de Claudine
    http://myclaudine.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  9. great haul! i love both the Naked palettes and use them everyday :)

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig