Wednesday 14 November 2012

REVIEW: Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Toner

While this may not be the prettiest product around (it kind of looks industrial haha), I just had to share one of the skincare wonders I've been loving at the moment!

REVIEW - Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Toner



I've been on the lookout for a new toner for a while, and came across the Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Toner. I already have a few of their lip shimmers and their works-wonders Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, so I figured I would give it a go.

Burt's Bees is known for being a tad expensive and you really only see the brand in health food shops or department stores like Myer, so when I saw this toner on sale, I thought why not!

And it's surprisingly good! It's all you really want in a toner - it minimises pores, mattifies the skin and helps get rid of any last bit of oil buildup or makeup on the skin after cleansing. In the morning I sometimes just use it on its own to remove any leftover moisturiser from the night before to help prep my skin for makeup.

A weird thing is the scent - Initially when you open the bottle, it smells like tomatoes (no joke). It's a little strange at first, but eventually you get used to it and I even began to really like the fresh scent!

This is after using it on my face WITHOUT ANY MAKEUP ON.
And see how much stuff it collects? My skin feels so soft and fresh now <3

Directions:
"Apply toner to skin with a cotton ball after cleansing, keeping away from the eye area. Or blot onto temples and forehead any time throughout the day for cool, fresh, instant relief from hot, humid, polluted, stuffy, and other stressful conditions."


Pros:
- perfect for oily or combination skin
- tightens pores
- mattifies skin
- very fresh feeling and removes any last bit of residue makeup/cleanser/dead skin/oil on the skin
- 99.42% natural ingredients (includes extracts of cucumber, green tea, parsley, tomato, bilberry, sugar cane, sugar maple, orange, and lemon)

Cons:
- can't use on eye area, and you should keep it away from your eyes as it can cause them to sting
- tomato scent a little strange at first (but it doesn't linger on the skin)
- pricey

I'm quite happy with it, but I will say that while it works much better than my last toner (Nivea Visage Young Toner), it's a little too expensive for me to buy at retail price. If you can find it on sale, by all means try it out! Burt's Bees is a pretty reputable brand, and it IS the best toner I've ever used :)

Have you tried any Burt's Bees products? What toner do you use? Let me know in the comments below!

*This is not a sponsored review - the toner was bought with my own money and all opinions are my own.
Share:

14 comments

  1. At first when I saw the picture of the toner, I thought it was vodka! I have never tried Burt Bees products before as I do find it expensive. The idea of a tomato toner sounds interesting, maybe I'll try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha gosh I see what you mean! It does too XD Their products are definitely worth the price, but I only buy them on sale as they're a tad too expensive for me too! x

      Delete
  2. The bottle doesn't look that appealing, I would've mistaken this as a water bottle on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's sooo cool! i will defs try this

    tainted-feathers.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry we don't have this brand in France! I'll try to look for it on the internet!
    When you say it's expensive how much do you actually mean?
    Bisous de Claudine
    http://www.myclaudine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's $24.95AUD, you can see the product here :) http://www.burtsbees.com.au:80/natural-products/face-exfoliants-toners/garden-tomato-toner.html x

      Delete
  5. Wow this is a strange idea for a toner... so intriguing i might try it!
    Lily xx
    http://www.untangleyourspangle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ηeya і am for the ρrimarу timе here.

    I fοund this boarԁ and I tο find It truly uѕеful & it
    helpеd mе out much. I'm hoping to present something again and aid others such as you helped me.

    Here is my web site - boat rentals broward county

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appгeciation to my father who informed me about thiѕ
    wеblog, thіs wеblog iѕ genuinely awesοme.


    Loοk into my hоmеpage just click the next web page

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are a sucker for cute packaging, this product is not for you. But if you are searching for a toner that can minimize pores and matify the skin, I highly recommend Burt’s Bees.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sold out on all Beauty Bar branches here in Manila. #sadstory

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the smell. I haven't seen this product anywhere in stores for years. I wish I could find it. I wish I could find an essential oil that smelled like this so i could use it in a homemade perfume or lotion. Ugh. So good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they haven't discontinued it, it was a great toner! A similar one is Witch Hazel, which I've been using more recently and loving too :)

      Delete
  11. I wish this weren't the case because I love anything with a tomato-leaf smell. But the second ingredient in this toner is denatured alcohol, which is drying and irritating to skin in the short-term, and incredibly damaging and ageing in the long-term. Anybody who cares for the health of their skin should stay far away from any products containing alcohol. That tightening feeling is NOT a good thing - it's your skin reacting to being stripped of the oils it needs.

    Have a read of this page in the Paula's Choice Ingredient Dictionary for more details about the different kinds of alcohol used in skincare products: https://www.paulaschoice.com.au/ingredient-dictionary/emollients/alcohol.html?fdid=ingredient-dictionary&crefn1=name-first-letter&csortb1=name&csortd1=1&crefv1=A

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig