Friday 16 November 2012

Get Ready With Me - My Current Everyday Makeup Routine

I feel like it's been a little while since my last makeup tutorial, and since my everyday beauty routine has had a bit of change up with some new makeup products, I thought a Get Ready With Me tutorial was in order!

Being cute?

This is how I do my makeup almost everyday, for when I'm out and about or going to work. It's really easy and even though it's a natural look, I think it's really pretty! Plus it takes me 10 minutes in total to do - yay for speedy beauty!

Taken by Surprise Tutorial: My Current Everyday Makeup Routine


*I always tone and moisturise my face before my morning makeup routine (yes, I don't cleanse in the morning - my toner acts a bit like a cleanser and you can see my post on it here). So make sure your skin is clean and prepped before you apply your makeup!

1. I like using tinted moisturisers and BB creams because they're a lot lighter than most foundations - I really only wear foundation at night, special occasions, or if my skin just needs a little extra help. My favourite BB cream at the moment is the one by Rimmel London, and I just apply it all over my face and neck using my fingers, making sure to blend really well.

Rimmel London BB Cream in "Light"

2. Then I use a roll-on concealer under my eyes to hide any dark circles, and a liquid concealer to cover any redness on my cheeks and around my nose.

Garnier Roll-On Anti Dark Circles in "Medium"
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in "Light 10"
Yay, even skin tone!
3. To keep my skin shine free, I dust a little bit of matte powder on my temples, nose (and sides of my nose - when I wear glasses this helps to keep that area matte), chin, and under my jaw using a kabuki brush.

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder in "Silky Beige"

4. I used to only wear powder blush, but I really REALLY love creme blush now! I use a stick creme blush and apply it straight to the apples of my cheeks like tribal paint haha Then I blend out towards my forehead using my ring finger in circular motions.

NARS Multiple in "Orgasm"


5. Now for brows! I just lightly fill in the shape using an eyebrow pencil and draw in more of an arch (my eyebrows are a bit tadpole-ish - Asian DNA!). Then I set the brow hairs using a brow gel, so they're not sticking up in random directions haha

Rimmel London Eyebrow Pencil in "Dark Brown"
Benefit Speed Brow

6. Ever since I got my hands on the Urban Decay NAKED 2 palette, I have been in love! I use it everyday now :) But not before applying eyeshadow primer to create a smooth base for colour. I squeeze out a small amount onto the tip of my ring finger and gently pat it onto my lids, brow bone and outer V of my eye.

Urban Decay Primer Potion in "Original"

7. Onto eyeshadow - taking a flat round-edge eyeshadow brush, pat "Suspect" - a light rustic gold - all over the eyelid and just over the crease.




8. Using the same brush, apply "YDK" - a cold-toned bronze - into the crease and outer third of the eyelid. Using a fluffy blending brush, create a gradient effect between the two colours using a windshield-wiper motion.



9. With "Half Baked" - a warm true gold - apply to the inner third of the eyelid and blend towards the centre of the eyelid using the fluffy brush.



10. Use "Booty Call" - a soft off-white - to highlight the inner corner and brow bone.



11. And of COURSE I'm going to have winged eyeliner, my favourite! Using a marker-style liquid liner, create a thin line along the top lash line, staying as close to the eyelashes as possible. Create a short flick at the outer corner following the natural angle of the lower lash line. Then join the end of the line to the top lash line - creating a small triangle. Colour it in and the wing is complete!

Taken By Surprise Tip: Need help creating a cat eye flick? My tutorial on winged eyeliner might help!

Lancome Artliner Liquid Eyeliner


12. For wide-awake eyes, apply a white kohl eyeliner pencil along the water line.

Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in "Pure White"

13. Finish off the eyes by curling your lashes and applying your favourite mascara to both your top AND bottom eyelashes.

Artiste Eyelash Curler
Rimmel London Sexy Curves Mascara

14. For casual lips during the day I normally just wear a balm - I love Maybelline's Baby Lips in Pink Glow because it actually tints my lips a nice hot pink! Lipstick at work is a bit much, so this is a good way to get some colour without a full bold lip.

Maybelline Baby Lips in "Pink Glow"
And that's it!



Yay specs!

And who doesn't love a cheeky selfie?
What is your everyday makeup routine? Let me know in the comments below!
Share:

10 comments

  1. you are extremely great at tutorial, and very cute face! love the winged eyeliner and long lashes ^^
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superlovely as usual!!! Lots of sun from Italy XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's how i do mine :)

    love your necklace

    www.tainted-feathers.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your make up ! :)
    http://hermesetmaya.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial! You are so pretty!!

    -xoxo- lorena

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely natural make up tutorial. Can´t believe it only takes 10 minutes <3
    xo

    glamDevils

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig