How is everyone? I'm in an especially good mood today because...
Tomorrow is the beginning of Spring!
It seems like Winter has just gone on forever, so I just cannot wait for the warmer weather and blue skies, plus floral dresses and leaving my coats hanging up in my wardrobe! Just looking out my window now, the day looks gorgeous, and I can't wait until the weather is like this everyday!
So in celebration of the upcoming sunshine, I have a hairstyle tutorial which is perfect for the Spring time ♥
Taken By Surprise Tutorial: Side Waterfall Braid
This hairstyle is perfect for those sunny days where you want your hair tied back but to still look lovely! Braids are super pretty for Spring, they look great with a floral dress, a cardie, and cute little heeled booties, plus the waterfall effect makes the look a bit more interesting!
What you will need...
|You barely need anything for this look, just a hairbrush and a hair tie.|
My hair tie has a rose gold coloured metal bow on it which I thought would look pretty with my braid.
I bought it in a set of two from Sportsgirl.
1. Brush your hair so it's smooth and tangle/knot-free.
2. Using your hair brush, brush all your hair over to the side you would like your braid. I like mine on the left side, but it's up to you :)
3. Split your hair into two sections, so you have a front and back chunk.
4. Divide the back section into three smaller equal sections... we're going to braid it!
5. Begin braiding/plaiting the back section. Braid/plait about two or three times.
6. Once you've braided it a couple of times, grab the section of the braid at the front and hold it away from the braid.
7. Take a section of hair from the front of the front chunk, then pull it towards the section from the braid that you're holding and combine them together.
8. Then braid your hair one more time, and repeat the process! Taking the front piece of the braid and combining it with the front piece of the front chunk of hair and braiding it in, then repeating until you reach the end of your hair.
|See the cool waterfall effect that's happening?|
10. From the other side of your head, pull down some small strands of hair to frame your face.
And we're done!