Monday 6 August 2012

Michelle Phan's Makeup Masterclass at Myer, Melbourne!

There are so many M's in that post title haha

August 3rd, 2012. Such an amazing day because it was the day I attended Lancome's Makeup Masterclass in Myer's Mural Hall, where I met one of my biggest beauty idols...

MICHELLE PHAN!!

My gorgeous friend Tally, MICHELLE PHAN, and myself.
Image property of Polite In Public 2011.
For those of you who don’t know her, Michelle is a world-renowned YouTube makeup artist with more subscribers than Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Kim Kardashian COMBINED, and she has the most amazing, creative, and useful makeup tutorials!

Check her out, I have learned so much from her videos! They're super easy to follow, and it's such a bonus that she’s such a warm spirit - it’s just like learning from a friend :) 

Visit Michelle Phan’s YouTube Channel. 

For someone to have started out in her room making videos on her webcam, to being one of the world’s most well-known makeup artists, Michelle is proof that dreams can come true, and she is such an inspiration to me. It was such an honor to meet her, and I’m still a bit dazed. I can’t believe it really happened!! 

The event included a talk by Michelle about her top beauty tips, a meet and greet, plus free makeovers and makeup consultations. The $50 ticket was also redeemable for Lancome products, and you'll see what I spent mine on later in the post!

Here are the photos from the day: 

The lovely Tally, who is the loveliest event buddy ever <3
You might remember her from my post on Mecca Cosmetica's Top 100 Beauty Stars event.
You'll see more of my outfit below :)
OOTD:
Coat - The Coat Department, Myer
Dress - Stylestalker
Tights - Razzamatazz
Shoes - Miss Shop
Necklace - Diva
Sneaky train snaps ;) 


A lady on the train came up to us and offered to take this photo, saying,
"You girls look so gorgeous, let me help take a photo of you both!"
Awwww!
Tally and I sported matching ring finger nail art.
Leopard print nail applications, I'm in love with them!
Waiting in line outside Mural Hall.
I've always wanted to have one of these "red carpet" photos. Mission accomplished!
♥ ♥ ♥
Image © L'OrĂ©al Australia
About 400 people showed up for the class, you could feel the excitement in the air!
Cheeky champers!
One of the delicious canapes - beef fillets with cheesy mash, spinach and chestnuts!
My, weren't we spoiled!
We were a few rows from the front!!

On our seats was Michelle's makeup tutorial booklet
and the newest copy of Emporium, Myer's fashion magazine.
How gorgeous is the architecture in Mural Hall!
All the makeup artists on stage ready to demonstrate some gorgeous makeup looks!
When asked what beauty item she would take on a desert island, she replied,
"A eyebrow pencil!"
Why? Because you can use it to define your brows, which enhances your eyes,
plus you can use it as an eyeliner pencil. So clever! 
Michelle said she loves how Australians wear so much colour.
 Go Aussies!
How pretty is her hair style? Hopefully she does a tutorial on this one!
Waiting in line to meet Michelle for the meet and greet.
She shook my hand and I nearly fainted haha 
Tally learning about brow shaping from one of Lancome's talented makeup artists.





THE BEST GOODIE BAG.
Lancome's Multi-Relief Anti-Stress Moisturising Cream
Lancome's Sensitive Eyes Instant Cleanser
Kerastase Hair Mask
Lancome's Hypnose Mascara
Lancome Kohl Eyeliner pencil in Black
Lancome Youth Activating Eye Cream
Lancome Rouge In Love Lip Tattoo
- I know what you're thinking, a lip tattoo??
It's basically like a temporary tattoo which you apply to your lips
and it looks like you have lipstick on.
It'd last for ages (well, the same time as a temp-tat I guess!) 
Soooo, what did I spend my $50 voucher on...?

Michelle's Limited Edition Glamour Eyes kit of course!
This is usually only available in America, so I had to get one while they lasted!
Lancome Colour Design all-in-one 5 shade eyeshadow palette.
Lancome Artliner Liquid Eyeliner 
Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara
Thank you to Lancome and Michelle Phan for such a wonderful event, you’ve fulfilled the dreams of so many girls by arranging the meet and greet with Michelle, myself included!

Who is your beauty inspiration? Let me know in the comments below! xxx
Share:

40 comments

  1. I can't believe how incredibly lucky you were to be spoilt at such an event! Your outfit was absolutely gorgeous too! Love the lace sleeves :) Can't believe your canapes were so luxuriant, look at that beef! And you were star struck, I think I would be if I was there haha -- and Michelle Phan looks so photogenic on every angle right?! That goodie bag has seriously got to be one of the best, you're right, and a very wise choice with the glamour pack - can't wait for that post :) Or the lip tattoo haha, the innovations with makeup these days. Your cheery smile summed up the post so well, hehe so much glee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I totally didn't expect there to be canapes and a red carpet and a meet and greet! I felt just like a celebrity, it was so much fun :) Aww thank you! She is, isn't she :D I was stunned to meet her, such a memorable moment :) And yes, look out for a post using Michelle Phan's makeup kit soon! Aww you're so lovely as always Bambi :) <3 <3 xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, you're so lucky!
    Very cool photos & you both looked beautiful!
    xoxo


    oh-not-again.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures and I love Lancome lipsticks!!! I really love to see photos and events from other countries, thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maya! I'm glad you liked them, thank you for stopping by :) x

      Delete
  4. OMG! I'm so jealous! I really want to meet her! :)

    XO, Mish
    http://starmishie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos and amazing outfits :)
    xx Ilka
    http://ilkavontorok.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, you are really lucky :D
    i love her too.

    rheapunya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures and post dear!! (:
    haha yees! my hair is naturally curly !
    I'm glad that you like it (:

    xx from
    http://heelsandroses.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You're soooo lucky, love her tutorials!!!
    Amazing pics, sweetie!
    I just founs your blog and I love it!
    Follow you right now. Hope you can follow me back :)
    xoxo
    http://2minutosblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME PICTURES!!!!
    XOXO




    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Looks like it was such a fun event and you girls looked gorgeous! As for my beauty inspiration, Diane Kruger and Kate Bosworth. They always look so fresh faced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I love them both too, they always look impeccable, no matter what event they're at :) x

      Delete
  11. you look awesome!! i wish be there!
    kisses!

    www.marilynsclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! That would have been fantastic. You and your girlfriend look gorgeous. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, that's lovely of you :) Thanks for visiting! x

      Delete
  13. you are such a cutie! love what you are wearing and what great products!!

    xx rae

    loveforschoolgirl.net
    500+ readers giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had such a fun time! You both look gorgeous! So cool you got to meet her!

    http://vintagelillies.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG you are TOO CUTE! It looks like you had such an amazing time! I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog--I'm your newest follower! YAY! I just started a blog and would LOVE for you to stop by and check it out!
    xoxo
    Obviously Obsessed 

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are sooo lucky you got to see her in person! I didn't get to when she arrived in Sydney :( Well I could've gone to Myers but it was such a long way to walk from my school and I was lugging my makeup kit as well.

    http://blog.dawnelia.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a great fan of Michelle Phan as well! You're so lucky you can meet her! x

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks like it was great event, love the nails with gold
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.hu

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing event, love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi dear :) amazing post hun! what do you think of following each other on GFC and bloglovin'? Let me know
    Keep in touch

    http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks like you did enjoy the event ! I heard that she came to Melbourne (Yes i'm from Melbourne too !) but i did not have the chance to meet her ! Glad that you had fun ;)

    And hi, from Melbourne !! xx

    http://thebeautifullust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG...I love Michelle Phan, some time ago I did a post about her beauty tips! What an amazing event, you're sooo lucky ;D
    Thank you so much for stopping by, hope you have a great week ahead<3

    x♥x♥

    "SaĂºde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"



    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your outfit and hair!!

    fashionindahat.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. woww looking so gorgoeuss babee ! <3
    love ur dress..
    nice make up tutor from u! :p
    anywy, followin u back already :)
    keep in touch!

    xx,
    http://lalainlaland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. i went too andloved the michelle phan at melbourne! it was pretty goood :)

    followed you xx

    http://oliviiaaaaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh man! you lucky girl!!! I missed out wanted to meet Michelle Phan so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing, I was so nervous beforehand haha! Hopefully she does a meet and greet near you soon :) x

      Delete
  27. This is a vein and vascular center that has multiple locations. They are located in near PHOENIX, ARIZONA, USA. Office locations are, Surprise, Arizona, USA, - Goodyear, Arizona USA, Chandler, Arizona USA and Gilbert , Arizona USA. These cities surround Phoenix, so we want to focus on each city and about a 20 mile radius around each one as well as Phoenix itself since it is in the center of all these cities.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Primadonna is now offering makeup and hair styling packages to make it even easier on your special day! With over 15 years of experience and a diploma, you are guaranteed professional results.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have read over your blog post and came to light about your work experience. Lady gaga and more celebrity are after your skills. Wedding Packages in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello. It's a very nice blog. Really the work with the makeup is awesome. The pictures are absolutely perfect. You are really lucky to meet such an artist. I just love your makeup and your outfit. She is one of the finest makeup artist i have ever seen. Great blog. Keep posting. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Jona, thank you so much! Your comment was so sweet. I felt so too, she was an inspiration in person! xx

      Delete
  31. Dear, your blog is amazing! i’m impressed by your design, photos and you outfits deserve separate attention! everything is magnificent!
    Thanks for sharing this beautiful experience with us !!
    Hair and Makeup Academy Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks absolutely gorgeous!! I love nail art but can only ever seem to be able to do one hand properly. Looking for Nail Art And Nail Extension Course to Study in abroad? Join Majestic Beauty Academy best nail school in japan which provides Nail Art Courses Australia for becoming a nail technician.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig