Saturday, 5 May 2012

the winter coat post

I need a coat.

And not just any coat – I want a coat with the lot, the whole shebang. Warm, yes. Dress cut, yes. Soft on the outside, and smooth on the inside, like a melted chocolate Lindt ball of warmth.

You see, the winter chill has decided to hit town a tad early and rendered most of my optimistic transseasonal wardrobe of cute dresses and tights combos useless without a pretty little wrap.

Layering has hit a whole new level; think Rachel Berry from Glee.

wet paint
fashion-musings
One day I left the house wearing a dress, a cardigan, a flannelette shirt, and a jacket. And when you go back inside a cosy room and start the delayering process, you start unwrapping yourself like a pass-the-parcel. The back of my chair can only hold so many items of clothing.

So, I’m on the hunt for a winter coat. I’m thinking something warm (der Einstein), lined, with those cute toggle buttons, and a hood. And not black. There’s enough of dark colored apparel wandering around in winter as it is.

With my shiny new debit card having arrived in the mail and in my hot little hands, the entire cyberspace of online shopping has opened up to me, and I can hear that song from Aladdin in my head… A whole new world, a dazzling place I never knew… !!

And now I’m in love with a handful of snug items, and the favourites bar of my Internet browser is choc-full of clothes that I can’t afford, but would really really like (hinthint). 
Forever New
Sylvie Wool Blend Coat
Forever New
Rhianna Velvet Trim Coat
Forever New
Lili Double Breasted Coat

Stussy
Gloucester Duffle #2
Princess Highway
Luella Coat
Lulu&Rose
Augustina Coat
So in the meantime while I save my pretty little pennies, I’ll be warming up with Venti-sized green tea lattes, and so many scarves that I'm beginning to look like the crazy pigeon lady that every major city has. And let’s not forget the novelty beanie. I do love me a novelty beanie.


Which is your favourite of these coats? I'm having trouble choosing, so leave a comment!
Share:

9 comments

  1. I love the Forever New cape with the wool collar, and the velvet trimmed Forever New jacket too... but I agree that Winter clothing needs to be bright and cheery to counteract the gloomy grey skies, so! my pick is the double breasted bright red coat from Forever New!

    http://camilleleon.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I agree, the cape and the navy coat look so lovely and cosy, but I'm definitely beginning to fall head over heels for the red! <3 xx

      Delete
  2. Nice collar coat! to keep out coziness this winter wear good quality jackets in awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My spouse and I stumbled over here different web page and thought I might as well check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to looking over your web page for a second time.


    My blog post :: get ripped with Muscle Max (http://3603.net/)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views are good
    in support of new users.

    Also visit my website: puregarciniacambogiadiets.net [carolinamma.com]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I found your website by way of Google even as looking
    for a comparable matter, your web site got here up, it seems to be good.
    I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, just changed into aware of your weblog
    via Google, and located that it's truly informative. I'm going to watch out for brussels.
    I will be grateful in the event you proceed this in future.
    Lots of people will probably be benefited out
    of your writing. Cheers!

    My blog post - Girokonto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there to every body, it's my first go to see of this web site. This weblog consists of awesome and in fact good stuff for visitors.

    Feel free to surf to my site - www.geldanlage-portal24.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Google News.
    Here ist my site Lockenstab bestellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot.
    top 10 winter coats

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, I love reading them <3 Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come say hi! Otherwise look out for a reply on the post :) Love xx

© taken by surprise | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig